Interview Hints and Tips
- https://www.jobsite.co.uk/bemyinterviewer/ – This site contains a series of videos from various people about interview techniques and questions they like to ask. This is useful as it helps to get your head around what they are looking for on the other side of the table.
- https://www.quintcareers.com/STAR_interviewing.html – This link is an explanation of the STAR technique of questioning, these are useful because they it help one work out where a line of questioning is going.
Training Course Opportunities
- Skillstowork.ie – Skills to Work is a new Irish Government jobs campaign, aimed at making it easier for jobseekers and employers to know what Government skills initiatives are available to them. If you are interested in training or reskilling, find out which government initiative has the right course for you – Springboard, Momentum, JobBridge, JobsPlus and Skillnets.
- Skillnets – Their are 60 Skillnets networks, all providing free training opportunities for Jobseekers. By training with a Skillnets network, not only will you be able to access training that is directly relevant to industry needs but there is an added advantage of networking opportunities with companies and employees in your chosen sector and/or region. Of job-seekers surveyed in 2011, 26% have secured work or have set up their own business and 40% progressed into further education/training since completing Skillnets training.
- JobBridge: Provides internship opportunities of either 6 or 9 months for unemployed individuals at all skills levels and all levels of educational attainment. JobBridge is targeted at individuals who are in receipt of certain social welfare payments (or are signing on for credits) for at least 3 months.
- Springboard: 6,000 free part-time higher education places are being made available to provide re-training opportunities for jobseekers. Over 200 Springboard courses will be provided at 38 Institutes of Technology, Universities and privately-run higher education colleges. The courses will focus on growth areas such as Information Technology, Communication, International Languages and International Financial Services.
- ICT Skills Conversion Programme: ca. 800 places have been made available under the second phase of the ICT graduate skills conversion programme in 2013. The programmes, which are free of charge to participants are all highly intensive and lead to an honours degree level award (NFQ level 8) in computer science and include a work placement of 3 to 6 months with an industry partner.
- Momentum: Provides a range of free education & training interventions for up to 6,500 individuals who are unemployed for 12 months or more. The training, which is aligned up to NFQ levels 5 and 6, is being provided within the context of four themes. Three of the themes support occupational clusters where demand and vacancies exist. A fourth theme focuses on the specific needs of people under the age of 25.
- https://academicearth.org/online-college-courses/business/ Free online courses through MOOC – Massive Online Open Learning. Courses avaliable free of charge for example from Harvard University and Stanford University.