Diploma in the Management of Compliance
|Venue:||IMI, Sandyford Road, Dublin 16|
Full Course Fee: €7,990 - IMI Members
€8,890 - SMEs
€9,950 - Non IMI Members|
Network Members Fee: €5,850 - IMI Members €6,700 - SMEs €7,500 - Non IMI Members
|Accreditation:||Level 9 - accredited by UCC|
Compliance professionals are today scrutinised against the highest of professional standards and face unprecedented challenges. While some of these challenges relate to a technical knowledge of the compliance process, many relate to management.
The IMI Diploma in Compliance has been developed in close conjunction with a range of industry and regulatory stakeholders to directly address the professional needs of managers in the compliance environment and equip them with the knowledge, skills and techniques necessary to succeed in their roles.
By bringing together participants from different organisations that are all constantly challenged by updates to their compliance mandates this programme provides a real and meaningful opportunity to learn about the different problems faced by peers and helps compliance professionals to meet these challenges. This programme also provides participants with the management skills to function optimally in a compliance environment by building and enhancing professional competencies across a broad range of relevant organisational areas.
The IMI Diploma in the Management of Compliance incorporates five core themes. Typical subject content is indicated here.
Each theme has a dedicated faculty expert responsible for integrated content delivery. The faculty group combines a blend of real world experience and technical expertise that is unique to the IMI.
Principles of Compliance
- Evaluate the legal and regulatory context for ethical governance
- Understand relevant stakeholder requirements
- Identify primary building blocks to establishing a culture of integrity
- Appraise policy frameworks from world-class compliance & ethics programmes
- Understand the strategic processes underpinning ethical business practice
- Appreciate training and communication best practices
- Appraise effective monitoring, assurance and reporting frameworks
- Explore personal moral DNA and better articulate an authentic ethics-based approach
- Develop practical tools to help forge compliance with ethical values
- Political economy of regulation
- Theories of regulation
- Principles of good regulation
- Different regulatory models
Risk Management for Compliance Professionals
- Identify significant ethical and compliance risk factors
- Develop a risk prioritisation process
- Ensure risk management is integral to organisational process
Negotiation Strategy in a Compliance Setting
- Managing differences
- Securing optimal outcomes
- Principles of effective persuasion
- Change management skills
- Understanding key principles of organisational behaviour
Advanced Communication Skills
- Influencing through professional presentations
- Mastering the art of body language
- Developing excellent listening skills
Who Should Attend
- Executives who wish to broaden their knowledge of ethical governance and forge a culture of compliance in their organisations.
- Managers with specific compliance responsibilities seeking to further hone their management skills and develop practical expertise in a focused learning environment.
- Senior executives with board level responsibilities or those with aspirations to same, where proven awareness of key governance areas is fast becoming a pre-requisite.
- This programme is relevant to regulated and unregulated sectors alike. Previous graduates have represented the following sectors:
- Medical devices
- Life Sciences
- Regulatory Bodies
Participants are required to provide evidence of relevant work-based learning at a management level and/or should hold a relevant academic qualification at primary degree level.
The course will run over 6 x 3 day modules. Classes run from 9.00 am until 5.00 pm each day. All teaching will take place in the IMI’s National Management Centre in Sandyford.
13, 14, 15 January 2016
10, 11, 12 February 2016
09, 10, 11 March 2016
13, 14, 15 April 2016
11, 12, 13 May 2016
15, 16, 17 June 2016
Ros O’Shea has just recently joined as the IMI Programme Director for this IMI Diploma. She also lectures on the IMI Diploma in Leadership and a range of other programmes for the IMI. Her teaching focus is ethical leadership, governance and compliance. She is the principal of Acorn Governance Services, a consulting firm providing advice, training and support in the areas of corporate governance, compliance and business ethics. She is also an independent director and sits on the Board of the Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital.
A Chartered Accountant by profession, having completed her training at PWC, Ros has more than 15 years experience working with the Board and Executive Committees of CRH plc and Smurfit Kappa Group plc. Recently, as Head of Group Compliance & Ethics at CRH plc, she was responsible for the strategy, direction and delivery of the Group’s global compliance and ethics programme.Book this Course